A little relationship advice can go a long way, and so can a list of relationship tips. Specific, practical ways of showing your love for your partner, kids, and friends can increase the communication, connection, and caring in your family. Knowing how to say I love you consistently and sincerely will give you and your lover a natural high!
64 Ways to Say "I Love You":
1. Learn how to rekindle the flame.
2. Don't compare them to anyone.
3. Be courteous at all times.
4. Embrace the present moments without fear or guilt.
5. Live by the Golden Rule (Do unto others....).
6. Give them your full attention when talking.
7. Become their biggest fan and cheerleader!
8. Toast each other over breakfast or dinner to say I love you.
9. Tell them how they bring love to your life.
10. Share funny quotes or events.
11. Talk about your day during mealtimes.
12. Read books aloud together.
13. Say you're sorry.
14. Recall good and bad memories.
15. Let go of past mistakes & failures.
16. Do nothing together.
17. Encourage health in all its forms.
18. Trust your partner enough to cry together.
19. Act silly together.
20. Be lavish in praise.
21. Ask questions about opinions, feelings, thoughts.
22. To say I love you, forget about labels.
23. Encourage adventures and risks!
24. Show your joy when they come home.
25. Bake cookies.
26. Leave workplace stress at work - or get rid of it altogether!
27. Use flannel sheets in the winter.
28. Solve problems together - crosswords or war.
29. Show your gratitude for them.
30. Be a good sounding board.
31. To say I love you, take pride in them -- and show it.
32. Compliment them in front of others.
33. Spend time with them.
34. Listen to them.
35. Ask for hugs and kisses.
36. Take vacations together.
37. Tell the truth.
38. Use pet names to say I love you.
39. Practice self-acceptance.
40. Hunt for treasure together.
41. Be interested in their interests.
42. To say I love you, let go of jealousy.
43. Accept their weaknesses and flaws.
44. Ditch work or responsibilities to play with them.
45. Take off your mask.
46. Share chocolates, ice cream sundaes, milkshakes.
47. To say I love you, ignore slights.
48. Pray or meditate together.
49. Practice forgiveness.
50. Watch classic movies together.
51. Leave notes or send letters.
52. To say I love you, buy a "for no reason at all" gift.
53. Don't gossip or judge.
54. Give the benefit of the doubt.
55. Give space when they're in a bad or sad mood.
56. Learn something new together.
57. Go dancing.
58. Keep your promises to say I love you.
59. Make them laugh.
60. Consider their feelings.
61. Hide a treat in their lunch.
62. To say I love you, make home a fun place to be.
63. Let them make their own decisions.
64. Say what you mean when you say I love you. Say why.
Saying I love you and having good relationships does take work. It's hard to be honest, and it's hard to accept the consequences of your honesty and authenticity. It takes time, energy, and commitment to stay connected through all the problems that life and people bring. It can be painful, aggravating, and scary to stick it out through all the ups and downs....but the alternative is worse.
Learn to say I love you regularly and sincerely.