November 21, 2007
64 Ways to Say "I Love You":
1. Learn how to rekindle the flame.
2. Don't compare them to anyone.
3. Be courteous at all times.
4. Embrace the present moments without fear or guilt.
5. Live by the Golden Rule (Do unto others....).
6. Give them your full attention when talking.
7. Become their biggest fan and cheerleader!
8. Toast each other over breakfast or dinner to say I love you.
9. Tell them how they bring love to your life.
10. Share funny quotes or events.
11. Talk about your day during mealtimes.
12. Read books aloud together.
13. Say you're sorry.
14. Recall good and bad memories.
15. Let go of past mistakes & failures.
16. Do nothing together.
17. Encourage health in all its forms.
18. Trust your partner enough to cry together.
19. Act silly together.
20. Be lavish in praise.
21. Ask questions about opinions, feelings, thoughts.
22. To say I love you, forget about labels.
23. Encourage adventures and risks!
24. Show your joy when they come home.
25. Bake cookies.
26. Leave workplace stress at work - or get rid of it altogether!
27. Use flannel sheets in the winter.
28. Solve problems together - crosswords or war.
29. Show your gratitude for them.
30. Be a good sounding board.
31. To say I love you, take pride in them -- and show it.
32. Compliment them in front of others.
33. Spend time with them.
34. Listen to them.
35. Ask for hugs and kisses.
36. Take vacations together.
37. Tell the truth.
38. Use pet names to say I love you.
39. Practice self-acceptance.
40. Hunt for treasure together.
41. Be interested in their interests.
42. To say I love you, let go of jealousy.
43. Accept their weaknesses and flaws.
44. Ditch work or responsibilities to play with them.
45. Take off your mask.
46. Share chocolates, ice cream sundaes, milkshakes.
47. To say I love you, ignore slights.
48. Pray or meditate together.
49. Practice forgiveness.
50. Watch classic movies together.
51. Leave notes or send letters.
52. To say I love you, buy a "for no reason at all" gift.
53. Don't gossip or judge.
54. Give the benefit of the doubt.
55. Give space when they're in a bad or sad mood.
56. Learn something new together.
57. Go dancing.
58. Keep your promises to say I love you.
59. Make them laugh.
60. Consider their feelings.
61. Hide a treat in their lunch.
62. To say I love you, make home a fun place to be.
63. Let them make their own decisions.
64. Say what you mean when you say I love you. Say why.
Saying I love you and having good relationships does take work. It's hard to be honest, and it's hard to accept the consequences of your honesty and authenticity. It takes time, energy, and commitment to stay connected through all the problems that life and people bring. It can be painful, aggravating, and scary to stick it out through all the ups and downs....but the alternative is worse.
Learn to say I love you regularly and sincerely.
November 20, 2007
Introduction to Detecting LieThe following techniques to telling if someone is lying are often used by police, and security experts. This knowledge is also useful for managers, employers, and for anyone to use in everyday situations where telling the truth from a lie can help prevent you from being a victim of fraud/scams and other deceptions.
Warning: Sometimes Ignorance is bliss; after gaining this knowledge, you may be hurt when it is obvious that someone is lying to you.
Signs of Deception:
Body Language of Lies:
• Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.
• A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.
• Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.
Emotional Gestures & Contradiction
• Timing and duration of emotional gestures and emotions are off a normal pace. The display of emotion is delayed, stays longer it would naturally, then stops suddenly.
• Timing is off between emotions gestures/expressions and words. Example: Someone says "I love it!" when receiving a gift, and then smile after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made.
• Gestures/expressions don’t match the verbal statement, such as frowning when saying “I love you.”
• Expressions are limited to mouth movements when someone is faking emotions (like happy, surprised, sad, awe, )instead of the whole face. For example; when someone smiles naturally their whole face is involved: jaw/cheek movement, eyes and forehead push down, etc.
Interactions and Reactions
• A guilty person gets defensive. An innocent person will often go on the offensive.
• A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.
• A liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you.
Verbal Context and Content
• A liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.”
•A statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “ I didn't do it” instead of “I did not do it”
• Liars sometimes avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly.
• The guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you... they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation.
• A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. When a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement.
• Words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other
words, his sentences will likely be muddled rather than emphasized.
Other signs of a lie:
• If you believe someone is lying, then change subject of a conversation quickly, a liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed. The guilty wants the subject changed; an innocent person may be confused by the sudden change in topics and will want to back to the previous subject.
• Using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject.
Final Notes:Obviously, just because someone exhibits one or more of these signs does not make them a liar. The above behaviors should be compared to a persons base (normal) behavior whenever possible.
November 3, 2007
I can see your face..
My heart calls out, wanting you with me in this special place..
I can feel your arms holding me tight..
I long to snuggle close and feel all my fears take flight..
I can see your smile..
Reminding me to be patient for just a little while..
I can feel your gentle touch..
Shivers run over my skin, I miss you so much..
I can see the love in your eyes for me..
Shining brightly where all who care to look can see..
I can feel your presence surrounding me..holding me..loving me..
And I know deep in my heart our love was meant to be..
I love you...